Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thailand here I come, well in January

For a couple years now, I have had the dream of going to Thailand and/or Cambodia to volunteer and work with children. Up until now I had not found the right place for me. I have talked to so many different people all over the world about where is the best place to go etc.. One of my best friends, Becky emailed me the other day and said, "let's do this together". I thought, oh I don't have time to do that kind of thing but WISH I could. After talking back and forth with her and my contact person, I realized I CAN do this even if it is just for 2 weeks, that is something. This is a chance of a lifetime!

Also being a photographer, January is the best time a year to take a holiday and happens to be the best weather that time a year in Thailand. So this is what I am doing. Mon-Thurs I work 8am-1pm with the children after that I am free to do whatever I like. I can go around to other schools and meet and photograph the children. After my trip, I will be making a book and sending to the children along with prints for the families to have.

Another great part is, Cambodia is just one hour away by bus, so I am really living out my dream of going to Thailand and Cambodia. After Thailand, Joe and I will fly to Taiwan where I will meet his extended family for the first time.

I am looking around for schools that would like to have a fundraiser at their school. I will come in and shoot portraits of the kids and 1/2 the money go towards that school and the other 1/2 will go towards my trip to work with the Children in Thailand. We can also set up a pen pal type thing. Please contact me if you think you school would be interested.

I wish January were here already! HA!

0 comments: