Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Anna and Sebastian's 60's inspired Engagement session: Los Angeles, CA

I met Anna through my husband when we were dating a few years back. There is never a dull moment when you are around Anna. She is so fun, outgoing and always has a story to tell. She actually caught my bouquet at our wedding so I wasn't surprised when she told us she was engaged.

Anna moved to New Zealand early last year to "be a hippie and snowboard". To all of our happy surprise she met her hubby to be while she was there. I'd like for you to now meet Sebastian, he is from Holland. Sebastian is a painter and decided to move to New Zealand earlier last year to focus on his painting. I am not sure how much snowboarding and painting got done between the two. What did end up happening is Anna and Sebastian met and fell in love. I guess you could say it was love at first sight. Anna turned 30 last December and got the best birthday present any girl could ask for; a proposal!

Sebastian and Anna were in town a couple weeks ago so we had time to get some fun engagement photos. I chose a 60's old Hollywood theme because Sebastian had never been to LA before. So instead of making a corny tourist photo session I took it back 45 years. I showed up at their hotel and they looked amazing. It was one of the most fun shoots I have done in a while. My highlight of the day was when a guy drove by in his old 60's convertible and I yelled, "Hey can we use your car"? He stopped and backed up and said, "Sure where should I park it"? I couldn't believe it, so thank you random nice guy with the awesome car! That is one thing that I love about doing engagement shoots. People are always so nice. I always hear, "Sure, you only get married once"!

Congrats Anna and Sebastian. Joe and I are looking forward to the big day in Vegas this fall.















2 comments:

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Absolutely beautiful photography and what a cute pair!

Anna M Gonzalez April 27, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

spectacular! can't thank you enough!!!