Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring has sprung (sort of) and Mother's Day is just around the corner

In honor of all the great mothers out there I wanted to do something a little more fun rather than $25 or $50 off a session. If you leave a comment on my facebook or on this blog post I will enter you in a drawing to win a FREE 1 hour outdoor photo session as well as an 8x10 print. I will announce the winner on Mother's Day. (Sunday May 8, 2011)

You may recognize the older sister here. Pearl and I met so long ago she doesn't even remember because she was only about 8 months old. I have been lucky enough to be photographing her for nearly 5 years now. Pearl's little sister is Lovey Mae. (Don't you just adore their names)?  These two sisters are a cute as they can be. Pearl is the best big sister and she loves to help her mom with Lovey.

I pulled up to their house to find Pearl waiting for me on the front porch in her purple princess costume. I said, "Hi Pearl, what's new"? She replied, "Hi Beth, well a lot of things are new with me. For one, I just went to Disneyland with my grandparents".  After we caught up a bit we went inside to get her sister and pick out the outfits for the day. It wasn't hard because these two little blonde, blue eyed cuties always have the cutest clothes.

After everyone was dressed we headed outside with my props in tow. Pearl was ready to model everything I had brought for her that day. We took turns hiding easter eggs for one another in between taking photos. When we were tired of playing hide and seek the eggs everyone decided we should go for a walk around the block. Next thing I know, Pearl comes out from the backyard on her cute red tricycle and Lovey had her little push toy to take. I thought to myself surely we won't make it around the block with both of these bikes but we did. Pearl and Lovey rode their toys the whole way. Ok, wellll we did stop for some photos. Art directed by (I am sure to be one day assistant of mine) Pearl.

This was such a fun photo session. Really I have never not had fun with these two. I feel so honored to get to hang out and document these two cuties as the years go by.

If you are having an up coming Birthday Party, Andrea owns Paper Circus. Contact her next time you are looking for cute decorations. She is so talented!! Of course if you need a photographer for the party you know who to contact! :)







5 comments:

It's a Hitt! April 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I'm so excited for this contest!! Thank you for capturing the sweetest pictures of my baby girl! We absolutely love them and will cherish them forever! I can't wait for our next shoot! Baby G just blew some spit bubbles for you, lol!! That's her way of thank you, haha.

Andrea April 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Oh...how sweet! Thanks for taking such darling pictures of Pearl and Lovey Mae! We adore you! Happy Easter!

Mia April 25, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

Great to see all of your beautiful new work!

Emily April 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM  

Beth - these are so sweet! I don't know how you do it, but every snap is a work of art! I commented on your last post, but I am signed in as Olivia haha!
Love,
Emily

Dave and Andrea May 2, 2011 at 6:04 AM  

I love the pictures! I want to be entered - we're coming back to the States for a vacation in July....Hope you're doing well!