Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meet the Bryden's, the hippest family I know: Eagle Rock, CA

Carrie and I have been friends for almost 20 years. We met in high school and Carrie knew me when I first started photography at age 17. She was one of my first models in the studio. I even entered her portrait in art shows in high school and college. Naturally beautiful now she has a beautiful family.

Almost 5 years ago, I started the official Beth Moser Photography here in LA. I called Carrie and told her that I was finally able to afford 2 lights and would she like to bring the boys by for my first photo session in my in home studio. She was happy to bring the boys by.

I think this might have been the first time I ever met Marley and Lennon. Marley was 5 and Lennon was 3. Here we are now nearly 5 years later, Marley is 10 and Lennon 7. It has been so much fun to watch these little men grow up. They both have such wonderful smart personalities. They are goof balls but the most polite goofballs I have ever met. They are so good at listening to me when I need them to settle for a portrait. But then when it's time to be goofy again, it's on!!

While I have photographed the boys on and off over the years we never did a family sessions. So when Carrie called to book a family session, I couldn't wait. I knew it was going to be a super fun-never a dull moment photo session. Sure enough it was!!

I wanted to make sure that I not only took pictures of them as a family but also of just Carrie and Scott. They have been together over 10 years and they love each other more than ever. I love being in their presence to see how much they love each other and their family.

I can't forget to mention their 4 legged family members; Brian (the scottie) and Jimmy
(the cute..terrier)? Brian actually runs this family. He will tell it to you straight with his growl and smiling teeth. He herds around the family and tells them he is BOSS! It was only fitting to have a family portrait of Brian in the front and the rest of the family in the back.

My favorite image is the last photo posted here. I love that Carrie is looking at me smiling and paused for a minute while her family is in full swing behind her!! Thank you to the Bryden family for supporting me through my art and allowing me to document your lives through the years.









0 comments: