Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Liza & Harlan: Louisville, KY

Harlan was born just a couple days before Christmas last year. I was away in Taiwan so I didn't get to meet Mr. Harlan until last month. Harlan is also the son of one of my oldest and dearest friends, Liza. In high school we would set up fun photo shoots together, go to hear bands play, we were always doing something. Liza and I even did a year together at Columbia College Chicago. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she was right by my side at mine. So naturally the next step was her turn to have a baby, right?! So the day she told me she was pregnant, well I cried with joy! (Who am I kidding? I cry with joy when all my close friends tell me they are pregnant and when they have their babies) But I could not WAIT to see Liza as a mom. She is one of the funniest, most compassionate, honest, creative women that I know. I knew she was going to be a great mom.

When I arrived at her house Harlan was sitting on the deck in his bumpo seat and Liza was working in the yard. She looked up at me, gave me a hug and I barely hugged back. I basically just b-lined it for Harlan. "Hi Liza, oh sooo good to see you... give me that baby"! haha (mind you it had been over a year since I had seen one of my best friends) I had such a great visit with Harlan and Liza over the week. We went to the Derby parade, a long walk, hung around the house, and on the last day we did his first photo shoot. It reminded me of when we would gather things together in high school for a photo shoot but this time we had her sweet little baby. It was so fun!

Harlan is the spitting image of both Liza and her husband Josh. He has the biggest bluest eyes and he will just look at you. I mean really look at you as if he is really trying to see who you are. My favorite thing that Harlan does is when you hold him he will lay his head against you so strong and hug you. Sweet sweet baby! 

My first gift to Harlan was a little fedora hat, sophie, and some clothes. With the hat, I thought naturally he is from Louisville and the boy needs to have a Derby hat. Well, he will have this hat to grow into for the next 3 years!! (hmm, I see a photo project brewing in my head) So check out Mr. Harlan in his hat, showing off his tummy time, sitting up with his little friends and with his mama, Liza.

Love to you and your family! I can't wait to see you in October and next time we will have to do family pictures with Papa Josh too!! xoxo


5 comments:

Joe Chang June 29, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

HARLAN !!!

Harlan's Pops June 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Beth-
Thanks for all the kind comments. I can't wait to do a photo shoot with all four of us.

Beth Moser Photography June 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

@Harlan's Pops, I am looking forward to it!!!

Maggie June 30, 2011 at 4:18 AM  

These are wonderful beth!!

Beth Moser Photography June 30, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Thanks Maggie, I am looking forward to your family photo session in October!! :)