Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Summer: Beach photos and fun projects

I am at home today working on some of my new crafty props. I started making these props last fall and now I can't stop. I have to hand it to my sweet husband Joe because without him all my "bright ideas" wouldn't come to life. But now I am determined to learn how to use the sewing machine so I don't have to ask Joe to help me all the time. (not that he minds but..) Up until now I have just been hand sewing everything. Sure it takes longer but I enjoy doing it. Did you know that before I started my photo business I had a t-shirt company? It was very short lived but I did. I would buy vintage t-shirts and hand sew little characters on them or use a bleach pen and draw something. I sold them on consignment.

Anyway, I thought I would share some of my first favorite photos I did at the beach with my props. This is when I first introduced my crafts to my photos. I like to think back to when I was a kid and what I would have liked to play with; what my favorite things were to make. It started with pinwheels, crowns, flags and now it is growing into making much bigger things. I am excited to show you in the upcoming shoots. So stay tuned!!

Some of these have the props and some don't but as I was pulling photos I couldn't resist. Hope you enjoy them! Happy Summer!!








0 comments: